Thursday, January 23, 2014

Just let me introduce myself...

No, my name is not Humpty, pronounced with an Umpty, it is Joe Smith and this is my introductory blog. I've told myself many times I should start doing one of these, but I never really knew what it was going to be about.
It was only a matter of time.
I write and host a weekly Pub Quiz under the banner of Masters of Minutiae and I often come across things that just don't quite fit. Sometimes they are too obscure or just a little too much to throw in for the night. Here is where I plan on unleashing those thoughts and ideas and bits of minutia that I come across in my researching adventures.
What led me to finally start doing the blog? Furries. More on that in blog number two. This was just a way to say hi and prepare you for what is to come.

A bit of warning: I am not a professional writer and guarantee I will use improper grammar and poor punctuation. Swears and blue material shall be found herein. If you are sensitive to these things I hope we can still be friends.

As for the title of this entry and the introductory line, if you didn't know it was a line from the Humpty Dance by Digital Underground, this may just be the blog for you. I will hopefully be broadening your brain domes and helping you learn about things I think people would like to know.

Brain nugget: Better known as Humpty, the rap star Greg Jacobs aka Shock G was the leader of the Digital Underground, and yes, Tupac was at one point a backup dancer/hype man for the group. Here is a still of the two together. Can anybody tell me what actor the two of them are laughing at?


Knowing is half the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment